Tuesday, April 21, 2009

... Housing?

Today we started off class with a discussion about technologies and how it's been affecting our lives. A few questions were posed... is it taking over true social interactions? Will we ever resort back to our roots and leave technology behind? Personally, I really couldn't tell you what will happen. I would hope, though, that we would find a healthy balance between both. I think technology has it's place in society, and that it is a good thing that we have had so much improvement in the last little while. I feel it's kind of like dark chocolate or red wine... it's good for you in moderation, but with over use, things could get out of hand...

Back to Math!
We started on Natural Logs and Equation Solving today. Here are the slides...

Wait... turns out, we ended just looking at houses and how ridiculously priced they are. Interest rates right now are actually crazy low, so if you have the money, buy a house! But none the less, even WITH the low interest rates, mortgages still seem to suck a whole lot. I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to that section of my life..
.

We looked at some intense house prices today. Scared me a wee bit actually. A half decent house in a city is a ridiculous amount of money, and even prices here in the valley are on an incline. So everyone, invest your money wisely, because if you wind up purchasing a house (or an apartment such as the 1.5 million dollar one in BC), you're going to need the cash.

Here's a couple options... you choose.


No comments:

Post a Comment