Thursday, March 5, 2009

No teaching so just random stuff

Ok first off sorry this post is a week late.

Well Mr. Max didn't teach anything on Thursday so I guess I'll just post random stuff...

So today (Wednesday March 11) we had our third test and personally I thought the Trig Identity was ridiculous, but I haven't done a real Trig Identity yet either. Oh and without my calculator I would have gotten about zero on this test so I think its about time I got weaned off it, (but I still want it for the next test).

Ok joke time, this ones pretty lame but I like it.


A math student is pestered by a classmate who wants to copy his homework assignment. The student hesitates, not only because he thinks it's wrong, but also because he doesn't want to be sanctioned for aiding and abetting.
His classmate calms him down: "Nobody will be able to trace my homework to you: I'll be changing the names of all the constants and variables: a to b, x to y, and so on."
Not quite convinced, but eager to be left alone, the student hands his completed assignment to the classmate for copying.
After the deadline, the student asks: "Did you really change the names of all the variables?"
"Sure!" the classmate replies. "When you called a function f, I called it g; when you called a variable x, I renamed it to y; and when you were writing about the log of x+1, I called it the timber of x+1..."



Also I think we were supposed to have up to Objective 17ish done in accelerated math, maybe 19.

Ok here is a website with all the trig identities, (as far as I know), and probably, (hopefully), a few we will never have to use, I like this site because they are all organized and written well.

http://www.mathwords.com/t/trig_identities.htm


Heres another one with what I think is a useful explanation of some trig identity solving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uoKutwuCio


Ok heres one more joke

A woman in a bar tries to pick up a mathematician.
"How old, do you think, am I?" she asks coyly.
"Well - 18 by that fire in your eyes, 19 by that glow on your cheeks, 20 by that radiance of your face, and adding that up is something you can probably do for yourself..."


Ok one more just to put math in prospective

What is the difference between a Ph.D. in mathematics and a large pizza?
A large pizza can feed a family of four.

No comments:

Post a Comment