Friday, March 6, 2009

Trig Identities

The weekend questions are 1 to 8 on exercise 14.

An identity between equations exists when the two equations equal one another no matter what x is substituted for. An identity can not exist between two equations that differ on a graph and just because two equations come out the same on a graph doesn't necessarily mean that an identity exists between them. The question is still out on an example that shows two equations that are graphed the same but do not create an identity between them.










I've also been asked to inquire whether or not Max should project his screen onto ours or let us roam free with supervision. In my opinion I do not see the benifit of him projecting his screen onto mine because if I am understanding what he is demonstating then it should be my personal responsibility to listen, and on the other hand I should have the tools necessary to get up to speed made available to me.


Another one of our debateible topics is the open class where we work away at a more seperate pace or where Max straps us all into the same car and takes us with him at his pace. I find that I get more paper work done in the open classes, but I also find that my progess is often times impeded by my lack of understanding of the subject so require help often. In the lesson classes I can sit back and listen, but I find that I have less of a personal motivation to learn when I'm not doing the questions first hand.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with 'barbie' on the topic of projecting the screens onto our monitors. I feel like if I am able to research the topic at hand right in front of me, it has the potential to be very beneficial for me. As far as the 'work periods' go, I definitely get more work done in class, and feel I can stay focused for a longer period of time rather than just listening and observing the teachings in class. Yet I'm not sure how we would be able to present the necessary information for us to be able to do the work.

    ReplyDelete